Each year, lives are lost and people are injured on WA roads from not wearing seatbelts.
These deaths and injuries could be prevented or minimised. Wearing a seatbelt is one of the easiest ways to protect yourself.
The Belt up campaign aims to engage the community in championing safe road practices.
Learn about Belt up
Belt up is proud of its 17 year history in supporting local sport.
Promoting Belt up
Promoting road safety is everyone’s responsibility. Below are ways to do this:
- Begin by wearing a seatbelt.
- Encourage others to wear seatbelts: friends, family and your community.
- Spread the message by speaking at community events.
- Promote wearing seatbelts in schools, in clubs and in community groups.
- Attend your local football, rugby or netball game and spread the Belt up word.
- Act as your local club’s leader on road safety. Be a role model.
- Encourage your local paper to spread the message.
- Talk to your local Roadwise Safety Advisor who can access resources and training.
- Invite guest speakers to your events to promote the message.
Have an idea? Need some information? Want to be involved? Please tell us.
How much do you know about road safety? Take the online Restraints Quiz from the Road Safety Commission to test your skills on seatbelts.
Talk about Belt up
Do you want to get involved with Belt up? Have a question for us? Please contact us. You can also subscribe to receive information on Belt up and the Insurance Commission.