Service Providers

Service providers

The Insurance Commission pays the treatment, care and support costs of people catastrophically injured in motor vehicle crashes.

Treatment, care and support is delivered by service providers registered with the Insurance Commission.

Providers seeking to register should complete the Registration Form and submit this to the Insurance Commission. By completing the Registration Form, service providers will agree to provide services in accordance with the terms and conditions.

Health professionals already registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) are not required to undergo an additional registration with the Insurance Commission to provide treatment, care and support services.

Working with us

The Insurance Commission works with service providers to help people catastrophically injured in motor vehicle crashes to improve their independence and participation in the community.

Service providers will provide treatment, care and support services that are effective, equitable and financially viable. Examples of service providers include:

  • medical practitioners and allied health professionals;
  • attendant care providers;
  • respite care providers;
  • domestic assistance providers;
  • home maintenance or modification providers;
  • education and vocational training providers; and
  • ambulance transportation.

The Insurance Commission retains discretion to use a provider who is not on the register for the purpose of delivering a particular service, predominantly to cater for regional and remote areas of Western Australia and in exceptional circumstances.

Page Last Updated 12 Jul 2016