Man with head bandage talking on mobile.

You may be able to make an injury insurance claim if you are injured in a crash.  

You can do this by calling the Insurance Commission on +61(8) 9264 3333.

If your injuries are relatively minor and you need medical bills paid, we can do this quickly. You’ll need to provide us with a copy of the bills and/or receipts for payment or reimbursement. We can also give you a reference number so your treating providers can send accounts directly to us. The majority of claims we receive are for minor injuries.

For more severe or long-lasting injuries, you will need to lodge a claim by completing a Notice of Intention to Claim and Medical Authority form. Contact us for these forms and once complete, your claim can be assessed.


We received 11,818 motor injury insurance claims in 2018.

Claims were made by:

  • Drivers
  • Passengers
  • Pedestrians
  • Cyclists
  • Motorcyclists and pillion passengers