Injury Management for Line Managers
If you are responsible for managing people in your organisation this half day session will provide you with an understanding of your requirement in relation to injury management under the Workers’ Compensation and Injury Management Act 1981 and basic knowledge and skills to assist in the management and return to work of injured employees.
Facilitator: Mike Johnston, Injury Management Advisor
Mike has vast experience in the area of injury management. He is a physiotherapist who has worked as an injury management consultant at an approved workplace rehabilitation provider, as an injury management advisor and team leader with an insurer, and as a private physiotherapy practitioner. Mike currently provides injury management support and advice to client agencies and internal team members.
When: Several times per year, depending on demand.
Courses will be advertised on the training page and registrations opened one month prior.
Duration: Sessions run from 9am to 12pm and include morning tea.
Venue: Perth CBD, unless otherwise advertised.
Course fee: $90 (plus GST) to cover venue hire and catering.
- Introduction to the Workers' Compensation and Injury Management Act 1981
- Effective injury management systems
- Roles and responsibilities
- The importance of communication
- Return to work - case studies/practical application
- Barriers to the implementation of effective injury management and how to overcome them