What can you claim?

Make a Claim
Character using rehabilitation equipment

If you were injured in a motor vehicle crash, you may be able to claim for compensation payments for treatment and support services, economic loss and pain and suffering.

You are legally responsible for the payment of all accounts until settlement of your claim. However, we may make progressive payments to minimise financial hardship to you and your family.

We will pay reasonable and necessary expenses up to the maximum amounts set out in the Australian Medical Association recommended rates for medical services, medical treatment and diagnostic imaging, and up to the WorkCover WA scale of fees for treatments provided by allied health providers; please check with your treatment provider as there may be a gap payable by you between the recommended rates and provider rates for the required treatment. 

Treatment and Support

Ambulance Services Ambulance services
We pay for emergency transport from the crash scene to the hospital for all motor vehicle crashes regardless of fault.
Hospital Services Hospital services
We pay for emergency treatment at a public or private hospital.
Nursing Services Nursing services
We can pay if you need home visits after you are discharged from hospital.
Medical Services Medical services
We can pay for visits to your family doctor and specialist, and pathology tests.
X-Rays X-rays
We can pay for medical imaging required to diagnose your injuries, such as x-ray, CT/CAT scans, MRI and ultrasound.
Medication Medication
We can pay for medicine prescribed by your doctor and provided by a pharmacist.
Equipment Equipment
We can pay for equipment hire or purchase that your health professional recommends for your crash injury, such as crutches.
Dental Services Dental services
We can pay for your teeth to be restored if they were damaged in the crash.
Medical Aids Medical aids
We can pay for the repair or replacement of certain aids damaged in your crash like glasses, hearing aids, mobility aids or dentures.
Rehabilitation Services Rehabilitation services
We can pay for the rehabilitation services that are required, such as working with a physiotherapist on a return to work program.
Therapy Services Therapy services
We can pay for required therapy services such as physiotherapy, massage, chiropractic, podiatry, optometry, osteopathy and psychology.
Household Support Services Household support services
We can pay for services like housekeeping and gardening, while you recover from your injuries.
Travel Travel
We can pay for the cost of travelling to and from medical and other appointments that you have to attend for your accident injuries.

Economic Loss

Economic Loss Economic Loss
We can pay compensation for your loss of capacity to earn for the period you are unable to work due to your injuries from the crash. We can also make interim payments to avoid unnecessary hardship on you and your family.

Claims for economic loss are restricted to a maximum of three times the full-time adult average weekly earnings in Western Australia.

We will ask you for information to support your economic loss claim.

Pain and Suffering

Pain and Suffering Pain and Suffering
We can pay compensation for pain and suffering and other general damages (non-pecuniary) arising from your crash, including compensation for loss of amenities of life, loss of enjoyment of life, curtailment of life expectation, and bodily or mental harm.

In order for compensation to be paid, the injuries need to be assessed at a certain level of severity as caps and thresholds apply. These restrictions were introduced in 1993 and are an important factor in maintaining the affordability of the CTP premium and the viability of the insurance scheme.

As at 1 July 2018, all claims for non-pecuniary loss have to exceed a minimum threshold of $21,500 and the maximum amount payable is $418,000. The threshold (deductible) amount gradually reduces for claims assessed between $63,500 and $85,000 and does not apply to assessments over $85,000. A Threshold Schedule is used to assess the amount payable.
Page Last Updated 26 Jun 2018