We pay registered service providers to deliver treatment, care and support to our Catastrophic Injuries Support (CIS) scheme clients.
Health professionals already registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) are not required to register to provide treatment, care and support services to CIS clients.
The Insurance Commission can use a provider who is not on the register to deliver a particular service. This often occurs to cater for regional and remote areas of Western Australia and in exceptional circumstances.
DID YOU KNOW?
There are over 300 service providers in the CIS scheme including:
- medical practitioners and allied health professionals;
- attendant care providers;
- respite care providers;
- domestic assistance providers;
- home maintenance or modification providers;
- education and vocational training providers; and
- ambulance transportation.